• The 370T and the Google "Nexus 7" ???: The "ME370T" may have been reborn as the 'Google "Nexus 7" for $199 using a new Nvidia "Kia" process as announced at the May 2012 Nvidia investors meeting(30min. in) to help lower the price and still keep the Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core. The Google Nexus 7 has been bench-marked at RightWare.com on may 12, 2012 that confirms many Nexus rumors as fact. The ME370T went through the FCC on May 29, 2012. So will we get both?, or just the Nexus 7? The Google Nexus tablet will be sold at the Google Play Store. If the 370T is still to be made perhaps it will still show up later.
• 370T General Features: Subject to change but was stated at 2012 CES to have 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, microSD card reader, WiFi, Bluetooth, aGPS, micro HDMI port. Videos for up to 8.5 hours as stated pre-release by MFG. 8 megapixel rear camera only with auto-focus with a large F/2.2 aperture for taking clearer images with great depth of field but no flash. No front camera was slated at that time. Optimized media center user interface. Non-slip textured plastic back. Screenshot software button. Google Play Market and open to add others. These features subject to change if ever released.
• NVIDIA Quad 4-PLUS-1 (5)Core Tegra 3 Cortex-A9 processor: There are (4-PLUS-1)=5 cores that kick in as needed according to CPU needs on the Tegra 3 processor . The 5th low power (Ninga) companion core(up to 500Mhz) runs during low power needs to save battery life. But as needed the CPU can ramp up the other cores up to 1.3GHz. The four fast cores are used for higher intensity tasks such as gaming and HD video streaming, launching apps smoother and loading Web pages, Even making UI operations snappier. This processor tested at around twice the speed of other processors at the time of writing. Kal-El was the project name that this core was created under. Of course there will be faster CPU's coming out, but price for the buck this one is fantastic. 4-PLUS-1 is a licensed trademark created for this processor. Most likely to use Nvidia's new "Kia" technology to help keep the price down. It also sports a 12 core NVIDIA ULP GeForce GPU.
• 730T Rear Camera: f/2.4 - 8MP camera that’s capable of shooting 1080p video, 5-element lens, Auto focus, Camcorder at 1920x1080 (1080p HD), Color enhancement, No flash. The same 8MP camera on the Asus Transformer Prime is well liked.
• Battery life: There are 5 cores that are turned on/off as needed to run at lowest power needed thus saving battery power. The 5th (Ninja) 500Mhz companion core runs at very low power when needs are few like when reading, running audio or even video.
• Software / UI: Software that generally comes with ASUS tablet are: ASUS Launcher, ASUS Waveshare UI, Polaris® Office® 3.0 mobile office which provides documents (.doc), spreadsheets (.xls) and presentation (.ppt) file making and sharing. ultra-convenient 8GB EeeSky (WebStorage space) provides worry-free cloud computing, and is free forever. Newspapers from Press reader, magazines from Zinio and books from Amazon Kindle. Based on actual Transformer series bundled software.
• Nexus 7 Availability The Nexus 7's final reveal was on June 27, 2012 at Google I/O. It was announced to be available for purchase immediately and delivered in July.
• Acronym Trivia The series Star Trek has long used the acronym PADD (Personal Access Display Device) for there tablets in their television series which is very similar to the acronym PAD(Personal Access Device) that some devices use. As far as ASUS company acronyms I had to look it up to see that 'Eee' has been stated to mean both "Easy to learn, easy to work, easy to play" and "Easy, Excellent, Exciting" so take your pick. ASUS, is pronounced Ae-suse and was originally taken from the mythological creature Pegasus. You old timers might remember when tablets and smart phones were referred to as PDA's(Personal Digital Assistant). I still have my old Palm Pilot and Palm Tungsten E2. Proof that Microsoft, Apple and Android had older kinfolk before them lest we should forget our elders.
• If I do purchase this tablet look for a review sometime after my purchase which will not be so much about specs as they are already covered here and all over the web, but about my experience with this tablet< Future Link. Meanwhile I have done more Device Research.
* This articles specs based on statements and reporters from CES. It is a given that CES specs are subject to change upon tablet release and so will this article and its sources.
• If you want the specs, reference and rumor source material for this tablet article you can go to my 370T spec comparison spreadsheet where I originally gathered information sources for this article. I placed my photo's in a Picasa Album. I also added some videos to my YouTube Channel.
All personal comments are mine. Specs are compiled from chosen sources from across the web.