• ASUS Nexus 7 Specs: It comes with a 7” 1280x800 HD display at (216 ppi), Back-lit IPS display, Scratch-resistant, Corning glass, 1.2MP front-facing camera. Quad-core Tegra 3 processor, 7.8"H x 4.7"W X .41"D, 11.99 oz, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro USB, Bluetooth, Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), 4325 mAh (Up to 8 hours of active use), up to 16 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM, Microphone, NFC (Android Beam), Accelerometer, GPS, Magnetometer, Gyroscope. An excellent review from Verge My spec and link sheet
|My wood training tablet|
• My Past Device History: It was very useful to me but it is finally time to retire my old Palm Tungsten E2 to an easy life as an address book. My Palm E2 has been great for meetings and life activities but it does have a small lag along with serious storage size and connectivity issues. My wood training tablet does not seem to cut it either, and I am board of it lol ;) I have found my PDA has been great for meetings when I am not feeling well to keep up with and follow along.
• My Tablet Needs and Uses: I want my new device to be able to hold all the Isilo media and also to be easy keep EPUB and mp3 publications up to date directly from the web (This would be a new handy feature for me). This will make it even easier to keep it updated for use at meetings and conventions as needed. I also enjoyed the use my PDA outside in the yard and will continue to use my tablet for the same thing, so a good outside reading screen is a must for me. I will also use my Google number to make WiFi phone calls and just to be plain handy when traveling or shopping.
• A Protective Case: I will decide on a slim case to protect my device but still have the easiest jacket pocket fitting as is possible. I will also choose a screen protector film to protect the screen from scratches. This will be a valuable investment to me and I will need to protect it. Extra accident insurance plans can be costly so these measures are cheap by comparison.
• My Media Uses: One of the first things I'll do purchase Isilo for Android and install my entire library on my SD card. Isilo was so very useful on my Palm E2 and even on my desktop for following along with meetings that I would never be without it. I will pick up a 32gig SD card to expand my new devices internal 16Gig memory to 48 Gig. I then will load it up with Isilo and Epub books, Magazines, MP3's, Dramas and Dramatic Bible readings and even Videos.
• Apps I plan to use: Isilo, A time keeper, Epub JWreader, MP3 Audio Player, Video Player, Medication Reminder. Some apps that I plan to load and others to try are marked at AppAware.com
• My Review: I know there are plenty of other reviews out there, but hey, I'll have my own opinions as well. My review will also cover theocratic usages that other reviews may not. I will place my tablets photo's in a Picasa Album. I will also add any videos to my YouTube Channel.
Other than my personal comments, Source material is gathered from around the web.